Anxiety and stress can cause emotional and physical instability. To manage and learn strategies to cope with anxiety, one should consult a psychologist. A psychologist can help in learning to cope and manage the stress that would allow the individual to function adequately in every aspect of life. To find a competent and verified psychologist check out oladoc.com.
Understanding the Triggers:
To deal with stress and anxiety, one must understand the environmental triggers that induce stress. The common triggers that result in stress and anxiousness include:
- School and college-going students are observed to be anxious due to social life.
- Academic progress can cause stress.
- Peer pressure can result in anxiety and lack of interest.
- Hectic jobs and everyday routines can be stressful.
- Academic competition is known to be one of the main reasons children remain anxious.
- The home environment may induce stress
- Financial instability can an individual anxious
- Individuals withdrawing from drugs and alcohol are observed to be anxious
- Anxiety can be a side-effect of certain medications
- Excessive use of caffeine
- Other illnesses such as diabetes and heart problems can cause excessive stress related to health.
- Traveling and specific locations can be stressful and induce anxiety.
Indications of Anxiety Attack
- The individual will experience an increase in heart rate
- Experience nervousness and confusion
- Difficult in breathing
- Irrational fear and panic
- Unable to focus on the task at hand
- Feeling tired and numb
Strategies to Deal with Stress and Anxiety
- Healthy Eating Habits: individuals who experience anxiousness should avoid caffeine are related products. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle would enable the person to remain calm and composed. A balanced diet and adequate sleep keep the body relaxed and increase productivity. The food items that proved beneficial for treating anxiety include; lemon balm, omega-3 fatty acids, dark chocolate, green tea, and valerian root.
- Understand and Question the Thought Pattern: The anxiety increases when the fear overcomes the ability to control. Hence, the individual has to question the rationality of the fear and gain control to function adequately. The irrational fear and stress make the person question himself and his ability, which affects the performance and induces anxiety.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is known to activate receptors in the brain. It helps the person to reduce anxiety and manage the symptoms. Once the person becomes calm, they are able to gain control. The smell of lavender and chamomile in oils and candles is soothing and recommended the psychologist.
- Deep Breathing: Practicing deep breathing allows the heart rate to decrease in stressful events and the person becomes calm.
- Manage the Triggers: The individuals who are able to identify the triggers can easily manage the anxiety either being more accepting of the situation or avoid them if they are not essential for their functionality.
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy: CBT helps the person change their perception and focus on the positive outcomes. Once the person is able to overcome the negative thoughts, they can manage their reactions to the stressful environment and situations.
- Develop a habit of meditation: Meditation such as yoga helps the person to focus on their body and mind. It helps them relieve their anxiety and focus more on themselves.
- Exercise: A 30 mins workout or walk every day is proven beneficial as it helps increase the production of hormones that elevate the mood. Change in mood helps individuals to focus on the positive aspects of their life.
Individuals who suffer from stress and are unable to understand their triggers should consult a psychologist in Islamabad. The psychologist can provipsychologist in Islamabadde management strategies that would allow the clients to thrive in various aspects of life.